This past weekend we did what we do on a lot of our weekends this time of year. We headed to our other home to do some work. About this time of year, our renters move out and we have clean-up, repair, and improvement projects at that house. This weekend I was scheduled to work at the hospital on Saturday so John loaded up the kids and the tools to go to Winslow. Our project this weekend and for several weekends prior was to replace the old windows in the house with more energy efficient windows. John got the kids lined out with assignments. Ian and Katie were to take out the remaining old windows while John went to pick up the new windows. Braden was in charge of getting the lawn cut. I got lucky and was able to leave my shift early so I arrived about 3:30 p.m. It was absolutely amazing to drive up and see Braden finishing up the lawn. The two little girls were completely grubby with huge smiles of delight as they played in the yard. I walked into the house and followed the sound of noise to one of the bedrooms where John was working with Katie and Ian to install the last of the windows to be replaced. I got busy and started caulking. Shortly after I arrived my parents showed up to help. My dad got busy cutting trim pieces. My mom was entertained by the little girls. Katie started caulking. Ian was climbing in the lilac and honeysuckle bushes to nail the trim. We all worked fast and hard. Around 6:00 p.m. my mom started serving the dinner she had brought over for us (she had been doling out snacks--pear slices, cinnamon rolls, crackers--all afternoon). Shortly after 7:00 p.m. we were pulling away -- project complete. We were all amazed at the amount of work that had been done. It was a very gratifying experience to see what our family could accomplish when we all worked together.
2 comments:
good job! sounds like you got a lot done.
What hard workers! It's nice you had so many treats to keep you going.
Post a Comment