Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just a Skiff

The last couple of mornings we have woke to just a skiff of snow.

Yesterday I had to laugh at Braden who diligently listened to the radio (right up until the bus came) to see if there was going to be snow day or a snow delay for the first day back from the break.
Claire wanted to go sledding this morning. When I told her there wasn't enough snow here she said "not here... there" as she pointed to the snow whitened Rim. She was delighted that it had stayed cold enough today that the snow in the shade of our front porch had not melted while she was gone to preschool. After she and Chloe played for awhile they came in with freezing hands. Claire wanted to build a fire. I said "no". Her next option was hot cocoa. I said "yes". After awhile she announced that her hands were nearly warm along with "the snow didn't taste very good". Me - What?? You ate snow? Claire - Yes...it tasted like watery dirt!

2 comments:

The Hunts said...

Gross. That is so funny. It is amazing what kids will eat! The snow looks like a lot of fun. Even if it's a muddy snow cone!

Anonymous said...

Jesse and Braden are a lot a like. We listened for a snow day until it was time to leave too. But we had a lot more snow. You can have some if you want...