Every evening Claire asks "what's tomorrow?" It's a learned response by observing her older siblings who always want to know who's working since John and I alternate shifts at the hospital. Last night when she asked my response was "It's a busy busy day!"
The first thing on the agenda was attend a "dress party" at 9:30 a.m. We were running late since the girls didn't want to get their hair done and get out the door--lots of crying and screaming. I should have taken pictures of the party. One of the ladies I've gotten to know from another ward hosted a dress event. There were racks and racks of mostly holiday dresses. It was fun to look, but I was in an uninspired mood so I left without making a single purchase. I did have fun visiting with many of the other moms I have met through church and my work in Labor & Delivery. I had put the girls in normal clothes to keep the costumes clean so we changed them into costumes in the car.
Claire had pre-school at 12:00. It had been requested that they not wear costumes. They used pumpkin masks that they had made earlier in the week. While Claire was at preschool I was able to firm up the details for our cake walk at the annual Fall Festival at the church.
I picked Claire up at 2:30 and hustled to get November schedules for the Med/Surg floor finished and emailed to the director. At 3:30 we were off to set up the Cake Walk booth. After we got the booth set up we once again were changing into costumes in the parking lot. We are lucky the hospital is next door to the church. We were able to walk over so co-workers could see the girls. When we returned to the church the three little pigs were joined by the stick house - aka Jaden; the brick house - aka Kirsten; and the baby bad wolf - baby Kolby.

John was able to help with the girls while I ran our booth. Braden was creative and was a football player. I couldn't help catching a picture of the cute Mario Brothers crew.
After playing hard all day the girls were dragging before the trunk-or-treat was even underway. I grabbed the chance to bail out and we were home with pajamas on by 7:00 p.m. On the way home Claire announced that now that Halloween was over it was time to get the Christmas decorations up. How does she know that? I snapped a picture of Chloe enjoying a leftover cupcake since she hadn't had enough sugar -- NOT!!
Whew!!! Is it over?

2 comments:
I hope that no one in our family cares about repeat pictures. I did my blog and then read yours (ha! you beat me!!)
I think Claire got the christmas decorations from Aunt Lari. Lari has been counting down now for many many days.-- jaden
Post a Comment