It's been awhile since I have added to my blog.
On Monday, March 30th my mom called me to say she was on her way to the ER in Payson for probable appendicitis. John checked the call schedules and found that we had a good surgeon and anesthesia on-call and had them all lined up when she hit the door. Her appendicitis turned out to be a large tumor. She was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon cancer. She started chemotherapy on May 12th.
Toward the end of 2008 I had noticed that John's health was not good and started noting symptoms of kidney failure. It took awhile to get him to the doctor but his labs just before our Disneyland trip confirmed my suspicions. He saw a nephrologist on Thursday, April 30th and was given the option to be admitted to Good Sam that Friday or on the following Monday. Because of family stuff we opted for Monday. He was there for a week and started on dialysis.
That same week my sister, Celia, went to the doctor because of a lingering headache. She was admitted on Thursday, May 7th with suspected leukemia. She was diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia (M3). She also started chemotherapy on May 12th. On Thursday, May 14th her kidneys and liver began shutting down and she passed away 9 days after her admission on Saturday, May 16th. It was a devastating loss during an already difficult time.
During this time there have been some happy and memorable events. As I am able I am going to "back fill" my blog for April and May.
Trips to Aiken
9 years ago

3 comments:
i can't even imagine what you and your family have been going through. just know that there are lots of people praying for all of you including us. thank goodness for the gospel right! take care and hang in there.
You've been in our thoughts and prayers.
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister. So sudden. That must've been such a shock.
Maria -
I think about you guys everyday! I hope that things are going ok now. If you guys ever need ANYTHING please give me a call. We're always here to help!
Love you guys!
LuAnne
Post a Comment