Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Time of Reflection

It's a beautiful Sunday morning. There are huge fluffy flakes of snow falling outside.

It's peaceful. It's quiet.

My family has gone to church and I am laying in bed, recovering from my most recent round of chemo -- which is supposed to be my last.

The last seven months have been more humbling than perhaps any other time that I have experienced, and in my opinion I have experienced a few difficult times. There is something about potentially facing the end of this life that makes you focus and examine what is truly important. There are some things that you don't take nearly as serious as you did previously. There are others things that you realize that a vitally important. You realize that you aren't really in control, but you have choices in how you react to your situations.

I know that fighting cancer is not something that I would CHOOSE to go through. However, I am grateful for the lessons that I have learned. Despite the many unpleasant and unattractive things that go along with this trial I know that there are many blessings that I have received and will yet receive if I have faith and endure to the end.

1 comment:

Allred's said...

I am sorry I am a little late on finding out about you Cancer, but I am truly sorry you have had to go through such yucky times. I will pray tonz for you, as I am sure everyone who knows you is already doing. Maria, I think you are a wonderful person, and I enjoyed getting to spend some time with you when our family was in Payson. Much love always, and again, I am sorry. I know your entire family is probably hating on cancer so bad. Our family has lost many members to cancer as well. Plus many close calls, and it is never easy, just yucky. I hope you are feeling better soon and that all the chemo does it's job!!(ps...nothing I say will even sound right, just know that I am sorry.)