Saturday, August 8, 2009

Kindergarten Cutie!

Claire was barely excited for her first day of Kindergarten. I arranged to be a little late to work so she wouldn't have a "daddy-do" for the first day of school. I got her up before I took Ian to Seminary at 7:00 a.m. When I got back we got her dressed before Braden got on the bus at 7:3o a.m. Then we got busy braiding her hair. With each step she appeared less and less enthused about the first day of school. At 7:52 a.m. we loaded up Claire who looked more like she was ready for a nap then ready for a new adventure. When we pulled into the parking lot at the park across from the school, because the school parking lot was jam packed she perked up and said, "This is going to be more exciting than I thought!"
Chloe found the first day of school to be quite anti-climatic. It was all downhill for her by the time everyone was at school and mom gone to work. John said that by lunch time Chloe was asking if it was time to go pick up Claire.
Claire was pretty excited to ride the bus for the first time, but showed some trepidation once it was time to actually get on. Luckily for her Braden is willing to ride the grade school route with her each day before the bus starts the Middle & High School route.
Claire looked awfully cute on picture day. I spent a total of 50 minutes curling her hair. We rushed to the school (late of course) and got there just as her class was walking to the gym for pictures. That was probably a good thing, because by the time she got home from school there was absolutely no evidence of any curl in her hair.

No comments: